When eating low carb, I sometimes find myself searching hard for alternatives for the normal carbs that i used to eat (potato, pasta and rice). To convince my husband about the advantages of cutting the carbs, I have to be even more inventive.
This recipe came up on a day like this. We needed something to go with our dinner on a Saturday. But as always, it works for any day.
It’s not difficult to make and if you like, you can even prepare it in advance until step 7 in the recipe. Leave it in the refrigerator and just place the tray in the hot oven for when the time is due. Perfect is you need to take care of guests in the meantime.
Let’s get to work!
180º C, ~10 min in the oven
2 tsp of butter
3 portabello (about 4,15 oz/118 gr each)
1 big banana shallots (about 2,15 oz/60 gr)
1 garlic clove
0,55 oz/15 gr parsley
4,24 oz/120 gr goat cheese
Fresh grained pepper
How do i do it?
1. Preheat the oven on 180º C.
2. Clean the portabello’s. Take 2 of the portabello’s and cut carefully out the gills and the steam. Place the mushrooms in a tray for now.
3. Slice and cut 1 of the 3 portabello’s in small pieces (no need to put energy in cutting it beautiful, you won’t se it later anyway). Add them to a dry skillet and let them bake on a medium heat for some 5 minutes (this will take the water out to avoid that everything gets wet). Turn them around every now and then.
4. Chop the union and garlic fine. Add them to the skillet with the portabello together with 2 tsp of butter. Let it al bake together on low heat for about 5-10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile prepare the goat cheese and parsley separately. Cut the goat cheese in 1 cm pieces. Finely chop the parsley.
6. When mushrooms, union, garlic is ready, add the cut goat cheese and parsley. Toss it carefully around so that it is al mixed.
7. Fill the 2 portabellos in the tray with the filling. Place the tray in the oven and set the timer for 10 minutes.
8. When ready, enjoy!